Does anyone else feel that time is just racing towards the end of the year? I can’t believe we’re already finding ourselves in September, it’s crazy! As promised though, this post will cover my July & August favorites. I do hope you enjoy it!
So I will only be talking about a few of these, as the list is pretty long as you can see and I do not want to make this blog post any longer than it needs to be.
- Wale ft Major Lazer, Wizkid & Dua Lipa – My Love (Usa + Africa + UK = FIRE!! This is such a great collaboration. I love the beat of this song, because it has an African feel to it, but you can clearly hear Major Lazer’s influence as well. I also just absolutely love Dua Lipa’s voice!!)
- Chris Brown – Questions (This song is absolute FIRE!! I love reggaeton music and this song has a little bit of a reggaeton feel to it. The music video is also just LIT! You can also hear Kevin Lyttle’s Turn me on featured in the song.)
- Fifth Harmony new album: I LOVE their new vibe; I’ve literally been playing this album every day since its release. Some of my favorite tracks include: Bridges, Angel, He like that, Don’t say you love me and Messy.
- Keke Palmer ft Quavo – Wind up
- Demi Lovato – Sorry not sorry
- Pia Mia ft Jeremih – I’m a fan
- Camilla Cabello ft Young Thug – Havanna
- H.E.R – Focus
- Jojo – Wonder Woman
- Becky G ft Bad Bunny – Mayores
- Ty Dolla $ign ft Lil Wayne & The Dream – Love U Better
“I found I was more confident when I stopped trying to be someone else’s definition of beautiful and started being my own.” – Remington Miller
Beauty / Hair
- Auntie Jackie’s Curls and Coils “Curl La La” Curl Custard
This product smells soooo yummy, I love the purplish color of it and I absolutely love the way it makes my hair feel. I use it with the Aunt Jackie’s “Knot on my watch” Instant Detangling Therapy, which I mentioned in my May Favorites and it makes my hair super soft and so easy to deal with. I definitely want to try out some more products in this range.
- L’Oreal True Match Foundation
I love that this foundation is lightweight, easily blendable, gives good coverage (I usually just use two pumps) and is not cakey on my skin.
- Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in the shade Cherry Frost
I used this in my Old School Glam Prom Makeup Look, which you can check out here. I LOVE this color, it’s such a gorgeous red shade and I’m excited to create more looks with this lipstick for spring and summer. It’s also one of those hydrating lipsticks, which is definitely a bonus.
- Avon Silky Soft Musk Perfume
I am a huge fan of musky smells and I can just not get enough of this perfume, it smells so good and has been my go to perfume since I got it, which was quite a while ago and I have no idea why I didn’t feature it in a favorites post before. The packaging does not look like much, but don’t let that put you off, because it is definitely worth the buy.
*Beauty and the Beast
I know, I know, I’m super late to the party, but I haven’t really had much time to actually watch movies, but I FINALLY decided to set some time aside to watch this much talked about movie. I absolutely loved it!! Emma Watson also just makes the perfect Belle.
I haven’t actually read the book yet, something which I absolutely still intend on doing, but I just had to watch the series which came out on Netflix, as I wanted to see what all the hype was about. There has been mixed opinions about this series, but I actually liked it.
*The House of Sleep by Jonathan Coe
*Bar One Chocolate Bar
I don’t know what it is, but I have just been loving the Bar One chocolate Bar lately. It’s just so yummy!!
I love this gorgeous Paris themed phone case. I’ve had it for a while now and I have no idea why I’ve never used it before. I got it from Wish when I was in the US and I can unfortunately not get any more as they don’t ship to Namibia, they do however ship to South Africa,so do go check out their site, they have some pretty phone cases for very affordable prices.
But that is it for this post, thank you for stopping by…until next time.