Happy New Year everyone! I hope that this year is filled with love, laughter, brightness and hope and that you are able to accomplish everything that you set out to do this year!
It is that time of the year again, where New Year’s resolutions are made and “new year, new me” posts fill up social media outlets. I personally like to set goals for myself, because ticking off items on your goals list is one of the most rewarding feelings, it gives you something to strive towards, encourages you to be your best self and gives you direction in your everyday life. I am however not going to be joining in the “new year, new me” movement, because let’s be honest, I will probably remain the same person that I have always been, I can only hope for self-growth and strive to always be the best version of myself.
As I mentioned, I like to set goals for myself, which include some goals for this blog and therefore I thought I would share them with you, hopefully these can help you to set some of your own and will also help to keep me accountable for achieving them. I have listed some of the goals I would like to achieve for 2019 below:
Blog and Social Media
- Blog more often – In 2018 I definitely neglected this blog more than I would have liked to, but I am definitely going to get into the habit of blogging more often this year.
- Have a posting schedule – This one goes hand in hand with the above mentioned goal and will definitely help me to blog more often, as having a posting schedule, will hold me accountable for having content ready to be posted.
- Have 250 followers on my blog – I am currently on 46 followers, which is why I am planning on creating more content and being more consistent with the blog this year in order to grow my audience.
- Start a YouTube Channel – I do actually have a YouTube account, with no content whatsoever, as I have been putting it off for the longest time, because of fear of what other people may think and also because vlogging in Namibia has not been a very popular thing, but I would really like to take that leap and actually start creating content on YouTube as well.
- Travel to Thailand – Thailand has been a dream destination for my sister and I for the longest time and I feel that 2019 is finally the year to make that dream a reality!
- Explore more of Namibia – I will be moving back to Namibia this year and would definitely love to travel and explore more of Namibia and share those experiences with you guys.
- Live a healthier lifestyle – This involves exercising regularly, eating more healthy food and drinking more water.
- Start a business – I would absolutely love to start a business of my own and hopefully 2019 is going to be the year that it happens.
- Get my driver’s license – Yes, I am 25 and I still do not know how to drive a car and yes I most definitely want to get my license and not be too dependent on others to drive me around everywhere I need to go.
- Read at least 12 books for the year – I am an absolute book nerd, reading is one of my passions and yet I have not found any time recently to do any reading, but I am going to challenge myself this year to read at least one book per month.
- Volunteer – I would love to take part in more volunteer work this year, whether it be giving donations, raising funds for a cause or just generally helping others. If you know of any volunteer activities I can take part in, in Namibia, do let me know.
- Learn a new language – I’ve always loved hearing people speak Spanish and have taken a few classes, but I would love to speak the language fluently.
But that is it for this post; do let me know what some of your resolutions / goals are for the New Year.
Until next time!