It’s been a minute since I’ve posted something and I apologize! I have been super busy with assignments. You might have also noticed that I did not put up a July Favorites post and that is because I will be combining my July and August favorites in one post. Today’s post will be a prom inspired makeup look, which for those of you who are past the prom stage can use it for a fancy outing or special event. I love this look, because it is simple to do and it works very well with brown eyes. Be sure to check out my previous post as well on my tips for Prom here As always the first part will consist of the face makeup and the second part will cover the eye makeup.
- So I started off by priming my face with the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser.
- I then applied my concealer, I find that applying it before the foundation works better to cover up my blemishes and I used the Essence Stay Natural Concealer in the shade Soft Beige. I just apply this under my eyes, on the bridge of my nose, on my forehead and on any blemishes I have.
- I then applied my foundation and used the L’Oréal True Match Foundation in the shade Sand. I love this foundation, because it is very lightweight. You also want to make sure not to use a foundation that has a SPF in it, because it usually creates flashback in photos.
- To set my foundation I used the Yardley Absolute Translucent Loose Powder.
- I then did my contour with the Absolute New York Pro Contour Palette and used the same palette to highlight my face.
- To finish off the look, I went in with the Jordana Blush Powder in the shade Rose Silk.
The Eye Makeup
To create this look, I used the SMOKY Palette, the ELF Little Black Book (Warm Edition) Palette and the Essence Quattro (Denim 4.0) Eye shadow Palette.
- I started off by filling in my eyebrows with the Smudge Brow Pencil in the shade Light Brown.
- I used this brown color from the ELF Palette as a base color and placed it all over my eyelid.
- I then used this purple shade from the Essence Palette and placed this on the outer corner of my eyelids.
In the inner corner of my eyelid I used this shimmery silver color from the SMOKY Palette and focused it towards the center of my eyelid.
I then used the purple color from the Essence Palette and placed it under my lower lash line and the silver color from the SMOKY Palette towards the inner corner of my eye.
For mascara I used the Essence Lash Princess Mascara. I did not apply any false lashes, but that is totally optional, I think it would look great with this look as well.
For lips I used NYC Lipstick in the shade Petal and topped it off with the Essence XXXL Lip Gloss in the shade True Love and I did not want to go too dark with the lips, since the eyes are already dramatic, but this is totally optional as well.
And this is the finished look:
But that is it for this post, if you do decide to try out this look feel free to tag me in your pictures on Instagram here
Until next time!